Monday, October 20, 2014

Sacred Secrets ~ Beth Moore



My latest bible study.  My Monday group will be finishing this one up next week.  I won't make it to the meeting, so I finished it up early.

The Theology of Secrecy:  Secrets Manifest

Our prayer:  Lord, You teach me wisdom in the secret.

Point 1:  There are bad secrets and there are good secrets.
Point 2:  A bad secret can be the death of us.
Point 3:  No secret has to stay bad.
Point 4:  Our Father rewards good secrets.
Point 5:  Our Father is with us in the secret.
Point 6:  Jesus tells secrets of the kingdom.
Point 7:  Our friendship with God is as deep as the secrets between us.



I know I got side tracked when I first started this study.  I was struggling myself with information.  Seems the more I research, read, and study trying to answer the few questions that started me on this journey, the more questions I accumulate.  And never really get any answers.  Everyone has a different take, a different point of view.  You can find an answer for your question in one direction in one part of the bible, and a different direction, two verses later.  It's very confusing and overwhelming.  In week 2 of this study, God spoke to me.  All this studying of secrets, our personal secrets, that we don't share with others, we share with God.  WELL... God has secrets too, and the answers to my questions require time to build the right relationship with God, before he will reveal his secrets to me.  This was a huge light bulb of revelation.  Time I am giving him.  Yes it's a little scattered from Genesis, to Acts, to Ephesians, to Leviticus, II Paul, back to Matthew, Ruth, and Psalms, it's all over the place.  The topics are just as scattered, from the Armor of God, to Revelation, Creation, Hell, food restrictions, Jews & Christians, Roman Catholics, archaeology, the Ark of the covenant, Noah's Ark, the list is endless. There is just so many things, and when you pick up a book that looks interesting, well it might just be something totally off what your studying, and start you down another path.  So at times, yes, I feel like I'm on a wild goose chase, but God spoke to me and told me that it's worth it.  The investment must come before the rewards.   Yes I'm now at peace.  But I digress...

Back to Ms. Beth Moore.  I am told Ms. Moore's studies are hard to do, and time consuming, and I would agree completely.  This was my first Beth Moore, so I really have nothing to compare it to.  And I have seen another that I really would like to try.   This study did require a substantial commitment of time, a substantial amount of brain power, but I was rewarded well for completing it.  Even though I feel that the study could have gone a little more in depth, I would definitely recommend this self analyzing study to any and all that suffer from carrying secrets, or have suffered from the exposure of secrets.

As Beth Moore said:  "Secrets Manifest".  Whether that's out in the world or kept internal, there are physical, mental, and spiritual consequences to secrets.  And it's best if you confess them to God, and release yourself from them.  He knows them anyway.  He knows everything.  Give them to him, with your words, and be free.


No comments:

Post a Comment