Tuesday, November 25, 2014

The Full Armor of God ~ Larry Richards



The Full Armor of God:  Defending your life from Satan's Schemes.

Yes I was intent on reading the Old Testament first.  But as you know I keep coming across books on my journey that reach out and grab me.  I went shopping for my mother's birthday present, and while at Wal Mart of all places this book said "buy me".  I don't like purple much.  I am not real keen on the "Knight in Shining Armor" theme much anymore.  But yet I could not walk away from this book.  There is NOTHING about this cover that appeals to  me.

When I got home, with the book, I decided to add it to my pile of "books to read" when I get a chance.  And haphazardly threw it in my bag one day, so I'd have something to read while waiting in the car line to pick the kids up from school.

I couldn't put it down.  I raced the kids home, so I could get back to the book.  No one had ever said these words to me "Armor of God".  I had no idea what Ephesians was, nor what it was about.  Yet I read with the sole determination of learning more, more, MORE.

This book absolutely without a doubt hit me right where I needed to be hit.  It opened up my eyes in so many ways that I never thought possible.  I have so much respect for the Apostle Paul.  His words just came alive when I read the scripture for myself.  And Larry Richards, THANK YOU for writing this book.  I needed it.

I read it, I loved it, I recommended it to my women's group at church.  I'm now going through it with another lady at church, digging the treasures out of it, and she loves it as much as I do.  I wish that everyone would read this book.  I so much love this book that I ordered 5 more copies yesterday.  One for my mom, and one for each of my kids.

I don't want to spoil this one, or entice you not to buy it with the notes I share, but I do want to share the Armor!!!

The Helmet of Salvation:  who we are in God's eyes.
The Shield of Faith:  God's faithfulness to us.
The Sandals of Peace:  The gospel of Jesus' love.
The Breastplate of Righteousness:  We are created to be like God.
The Belt of Truth:  God's truth is the key to wearing all the other pieces.
The Sword of the Spirit:  God's Word to us all.

Arm yourself with the Armor of God, the Full Armor of God, and Satan will not stand a chance!!

You read this book, I mean REALLY READ this book, and you will be a different person when you are done!!!  You will know without a doubt that you are special, and loved, and you are God's!!!




No comments:

Post a Comment