Thursday, July 21, 2016

Random Little TidBits - July 2016



I am so saddened by so many things today.  The world is fighting with itself, the people of the world are fighting with each other, people in this country are fighting with each other.  Even dear friends are fighting with each other.  Lord, please open up the hearts of everyone soon, so they can see their sin, so they can repent, me included, and we can all clean up this mess.  We need your help Father, without you, it can't be done.  

I know it's early in July, the month is not done, but I've got a lot in this one, and I'm going to go ahead and put it out there. 

Our vacation to the Smokies, Chattanooga, Nashville and Virginia was amazing.  Great memories!
The second part to New Orleans, not so much.  I can say I have been there now.  For that I am glad.

Hope you guys are well and I love you all!



TidBit #1

"Whoever wants to be the world's friend becomes God's enemy." James 4:4
Well that certainly isn't worth it! I'd rather be the world's enemy!



TidBit #2


Started this study in June... will work on it this month, and will probably not finish it up until August.

Not that it's that long.  Seven weeks in all.  But I've got vacations in there, and HomeSchooling, and just summer time.  Also, by taking my time, I absorb so much more of it!

I am loving James.  Everyone I talk to absolutely hates this book in the Bible.  And Ms. Moore alludes to it not fitting in with the rest of the Gospels and Pauls Letters.  But honestly, I must say, I LOVE it!  James is so... to the point, blunt, matter of fact, and lacks any form of tact.  I COMPLETELY UNDERSTAND HIM.  THAT IS ME 100%.  

I'll make sure to expand on this one when I'm done.  BUT I'm loving it!

Update:   I took this one with me on vacation, and managed to finish it this month.  I took it with me on vacation, because I couldn't put it down.  I have learned so much from this one book of the Bible, that I ordered another book on James so that I could keep going with him.  




TidBit #3

"Thus says Adonai, the LORD, When I have gathered the House of Israel from the peoples among whom they are scattered and I am sanctified in them in the sight of the nations, then they will live in their land that I have given to My servant Jacob.  And they will dwell safely there and build houses and plant vineyards. Yes, they will dwell with confidence when I have executed judgments upon all those around them who despise them, and they will know that I AM the LORD their God."
Ezekiel 28:25-26

In reading this weeks Parsha Numbers 8:1-12:16 I take it a step further and have incorporated Sondra Baras' book Shabbat Shalom in my weekly study.  This week Ms Baras mentions the State of Israel being founded in 1948.  I don't know... I'm just wondering if God has brought the Hebrews back to Israel, then where is all the peace and safety that is mentioned in Ezekiel?  Where is the judgment to those that despise the Israelites?  The part 'and I am sanctified in them in the sight of the nations' maybe isn't done yet? I don't know, this is just very curious to me.  




TidBit #4

"And My people are bent on backsliding from Me." Hosea 11:7

In today's society, I think nothing more needs to be said.  




TidBit #5


Luke 15: the story of the Prodigal Son.
I've read a lot of stories that talk about the Prodigal Son. How he takes his inheritance and goes off and squanders it. And after a long time sucks it up and returns home. To not be scorned but welcomed with open arms.
Always the story focuses on this son, and compares it to us.
It hits me tonight. The other son. There's another son. There's another part to this story.
"And he said to him, ‘Son, you have always been with me, and all that is mine is yours."
The other son didn't get a party. He didn't get any fanfare. He got no acknowledgement for staying and doing the right thing.
He was there, all along, with the Father, and he missed it. He completely missed the relationship, the love, the blessings, the knowledge of his inheritance.
And I wonder... How many of us, are stuck in our ruts, our traditions, our rituals, our "religion" and are missing out on the Fathers love?
Please ask yourself... Am I missing out on all that He is?
Lord, I pray that I and my friends don't miss out on the relationship that You want with each of us. I pray that you open the eyes of each of us to the love You so want to show us. And I pray that each of them, myself included, experience Your gift of joy and peace. Amen.





TidBit #6

"There are different kinds of abuse: sexual, emotional, verbal, physical. No matter the form, the results are always terrible. It will keep you from functioning properly and prevent you from receiving and experiencing the righteousness, peace, and joy of God's kingdom." ~Joyce Meyer
For everyone that reads this please take the time to bank in your memory a thing or two. Not every victim is open and forthright about it, you may never know that person you sit by and talk to at church is a recovering victim. Sometimes it takes forever, if at all, to overcome all of the side effects of abuse. PTSD is not just for soldiers. Have patience with people, you never know all the baggage people carry around, even if you know some of it. Be kind to one another!!!





TidBit #7



"But He (Jesus) did not use that fear (of consequences to our sin) to induce people to follow Him." ~ Wayne Jacobsen in "He Loves Me!"
He used love, acceptance and friendship.



Check out this book!  I'm loving it!



TidBit #8

Public Service Announcement

I will never understand why people that know they are going into a big crowd of people, i.e. an auditorium or performance hall insist on wearing cologne, perfume, and scented lotions.

Cause when they all sit together the scents mingle and are toxic to those of us with allergies.




TidBit #9


Today's Challenge
"A little child playing one day with a very valuable vase put his hand into it and could not withdraw it. The father, too, tried his best to get the little boys hand out, but all in vain. They were thinking of breaking the vase when the father said, "Now, my son, make one more try. Open your hand and hold your fingers out straight as you see me doing and then pull."
To their astonishment the little boy said, "Oh no, Father, I couldn't put my fingers out like that because if I did I would drop my penny.""
~Billy Graham
What's your penny? What part of this world are you clinging to that keeps you from God's mercy, God's love and God's freedom?




TidBit #10

Joshua 24:32 (NIV)


32 And Joseph’s bones, which the Israelites had brought up from Egypt,were buried at Shechem in the tract of land that Jacob bought for a hundred pieces of silver[a] from the sons of Hamor, the father of Shechem. This became the inheritance of Joseph’s descendants.

Why in Shechem?  Why not with Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob?


TidBit #11


I did the twelve week study on this series a few months back, and absolutely loved it.  This version, is in novel form, with questions for self reflection at the end of each chapter.  I'll tell you right now, I absolutely loved this book.  It's a must read for everyone!  I plan on reading this book more than once!
It's more than worth it!!! Get this one!






Meme Corner








No comments:

Post a Comment