Monday, September 26, 2016

Random Little TidBits - September 2016








TidBit #1

"A man in the Bible named Asaph struggled with this concept -- the "unpleasantness" of being treated by God as a son or daughter.
Asaph was a music leader in the Temple that was designed by David and constructed by Solomon. But Asaph was becoming a bitter man. He confessed, "I envied the arrogant when I saw the prosperity of the wicked" (Psalm 73:3). It seemed to Asaph that the wicked in Israel were wealthy and healthy, "free from the burdens common to man" (verse 5). Asaph was also aware of the character of those who "had everything." They were proud and callous, scoffers who were filled with malice, men who clothed themselves in voilence. Bitterly Asaph concluded, "This is what the wicked are like -- always careferee, they increase in wealth" (verse 12).
What ate at Asaph was that he had none of the seeming blessings that the wicked possessed. Asaph could not help feeling that "surely in vain have I kept my heart pure; in vain have I washed my hands in innocence. All day long I have been plagued; I have been punished every morning" (Verses 13-14).
Asaph's feelings of being treated unfairly by God ran deep. But he was a worship leader at the Temple. To share his feelings, Asaph decided, would be to betray God's children (see verse 15). Yet the more Asaph struggled to understand, the more oppressive the situation seemed. "Why them, Lord?" and "Why me?" were the cries of Asaphs heart.
Then one day, as Asaph was entering the santuary of God it all came together. "Then," he wrote, "I understood their final destiny" (verse 17). The apparenlty blessed life of those who reject God's discipline has placed them on "slippery ground." They feel no need of God, and so He has no place in their lives. In the end God will "cast them down to ruin" (verse 18).
At this realization, Asaph saw his complaint as senseless and ignorant. Asaph lived in the presence of a God who was always with him, a God who held his hand and provided counsel. A God who afterward "will take me into glory" (verse 24).
Realizing that despite his trials and his troubles God was with him, Asaph concluded, "As for me, it is good to be near God" (verse 28)."
Taken from Satan Exposed by Larry Richards




TidBit #2

"The discipline of disaster was never a raw display of divine anger, but rather a call to the community to come back to its roots in a loyal and obedient relationship with the Lord." Larry Richards in reference to Amos 4:6,9




TidBit #3

You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me.
C. S. Lewis





TidBit #4

I found this book to contain a LOT of good information for practical application into our daily lives.  There may be a nugget or two that I don't necessary agree with theologically.  But the practical application is amazing.  This is in the series with The Full Armor of God: Defending Your Life from Satan's Schemes, which I absolutely love!!  











Going to be a short month this month!  Sorry guys!  I absolutely have been spending all of my time working on GG's... prospective opening October 15th.  Will keep you posted.  

Am posting this early because of the Joyce Meyer Conference in St. Louis this weekend!  I will be there!  Looking forward to Beth Moore, Lauren Daigle, and Kari Jobe!!!!





No comments:

Post a Comment