Tuesday, March 20, 2018

Book Review Spring of 2018








I can't begin to tell you guys how much I've really missed you.
The break was really nice, and I've obtained some perspective, and am really going to do some things differently now that I'm back.

First off, this is "exerpts" from my journey, not my whole journey. So going forth, you won't be seeing everything. 

Secondly, some of the stuff I read is just crap.  I really don't want to paint anything in a negative light, because someone may be in a different place than me, and need what that item is putting out.

So, you won't be seeing everything that I read either.

I will however, have a book reveiw, ever so often.  And highlight the items that I really want to share.



Testimonials and Self-Help

Three Weeks to Forgiveness ~ Kimberly Dewberry


I have been very blessed to be a part of this book launch.  I do not, myself, suffer from addiction.  I was married to an alcoholic, an explosive and violent alcoholic.  I have children with this man, that are still suffering the shame, the neglect, the feeling inadequate, that comes when an alcoholic parent is no longer in the picture.

I was given an advanced copy to read.  This book comes out in April and I plan to purchase this book for all of my kids.  It's an eye-opener, and one I think will help my children overcome some of their insecurities.

I realize that only God can help them truly.  But maybe, just maybe, he will help them through Dewberry's words, seeing they are not alone in the world.







Bible Studies




Proverbs 31 did this study the first months of 2018.  And walking with Wendy through 1 John was an amazing journey.  I would not have thought that you could spend six weeks in the itty bitty book of 1 John.  But truly at the end, was thinking "as amazing as it was, I want more".  If, ever, there is a possibility that you do not feel God's love for you today, GO get this study and go through it.  It will truly change the way that you look at yourself!



Christian Fiction



I don't normally read Christian Fiction.  I read this one only because I was thinking I'd go to the LifeWay book club that meets once a month.  I normally, intentionally take my time reading books.  If I don't, then I am wasting my time, and won't retain much of what I read.  This book, though, I absorbed like a sponge.  And, it's ok, because I'm ready to read it again.  This will be one of those that I read often.  It's just a great book.  And knowing it's fiction, but could still have been, just an amazing ride through Scripture.


Okay, so, yes, I am back.  I have missed this outlet. No, it's not going to be so organized as before.  And, yes, I have lots more to share!





No comments:

Post a Comment