Saturday, December 24, 2022

Vayishlach, Torah Portion, 10 Dec 2022

 

Torah Portion, 10 Dec 2022, Vayishlach
Gen 32:24 "And Jacob was left alone; and there wrestled a man with him until the breaking of the day."
In the pictures I found, it's always an angel, but a later passage:
Gen 32:30 "... for I have seen God face to face, and my life is preserved."
He was alone, he was worried, and found himself wrestling with God. And I know I have wrestled with God over direction, purpose, choices. I wonder if this is why some people are afraid to be alone? Afraid of the silence?
Gen 33:4 "And Esau ran to meet him, and embraced him, and fell on his neck, and kissed him; and they wept."
Jacob had seperated his wealth and family in two, he sent I think it said four advanced parties ahead of him to send gifts to his brother, and his brother didn't want the gifts but quite clearly was happy to see his brother again. So, all that time in worried preparation, for nothing. I see so many, spend so much time worrying about what might happen, and not take the time to enjoy today.
Folks, planning is okay, preparation for the future is not a bad thing, but fret, worry and fear, that's not what He wants of us. Enjoy today.







No comments:

Post a Comment