Sunday, August 17, 2014

I am a Christian!

I am a Christian!!

This in no way makes me perfect, infallible, or better than anyone else. I make mistakes. We all do.  

Being a Christian means, in one aspect that we strive to be Christ-like.  It in no way, shape, form, or fashion implies that we are Christ-like, or if we manage to achieve that state, that we can maintain it.  

Most true Christians try, but realistically, Christ-like is the ultimate goal.   We know it's impossible to obtain this state here on Earth.   We have Grace, we have Forgiveness, we have Mercy.  And we TRY TRY TRY to be Christlike.  But, inevitably, we fall short.  

Being Christian is believing that Christ died for our sins, so that we may know the Father and have a relationship with him.  Being Christ-like means loving others, the way God loves us.  

When you fail, and you WILL fail, ask for forgiveness and move on.  This is all we can do, and all He wants us to do.  And then go back and Love others and strive to "be Christ-like".


And listen to Greater by MercyMe.  

Thank you Lord, for the message that you sent me in church today.  I needed it!!!!






No comments:

Post a Comment