Wednesday, August 19, 2015

Freeway - A Not-So-Perfect Guide to Freedom ~ Foster & Poole


Freeway 
A Not-So-Perfect Guide to Freedom



A six week study.  For those that are not experiencing God to the fullest.  We all have things in our past that hinder our relationship with God.  Things that cause fear, things that make us insecure, things that make it impossible to trust.  All of these things and more, interfere with our relationship with God.

My church this summer purchased a bunch of these books, and distributed to our different life groups.  Those without a life group, got to meet on Wednesday nights for fellowship and bible study.
Freeway is not like any bible study that I have done up to this point.  Each weeks assignment took about 30 minutes.  It was quite a few pages each week, but you go through them pretty fast.  At first, they seemed a bit "juvenile".  But by the middle, I was enjoying the "fresh" approach.  The book is filled with sayings, activities, quiet time, reflection, and scripture.  Each page, brought you something different.  A different approach.  No two weeks were the same.  I loved this part about it.

At the end of each section, there is always room for notes, doodles are encouraged, and journaling.

I decided to do this study alone, and when faced with questions, or issues broached them with some of my women friends that were also doing the study in other places.  At first I found this study not appropriate for me, but by the end, was very glad that I took the time to finish.  There were issues that I really hadn't thought about that were affecting me in a negative way.

I am told that when done, I should put it down, and in a few months, go through it again.  I do believe that I will try this.  If I wasn't aware of the issues that I faced this time, I very well may have more that if I dig deeper, I might uncover and address.

Doing this study myself, I went online and created a free account, so that I would have access to the videos.  The videos were very short, again not like any other bible study I'd done.  Anywhere from 5 to 7 minutes in length.  They have daily inspirational emails that you can sign up for.  And on one of my visits to watch the video, one of the executives popped in to the built in chat, to make sure I didn't have any questions.

This study is very thorough, user friendly, and although it could have dug deeper (this is on me), it was not the typical "fluff" study that you get stuck doing in Sunday school sometimes.


No comments:

Post a Comment