Sunday, April 27, 2014

Rooted ~ Josh Foliart Part 1

Josh Foliart did visit my church a while back.  To be totally honest I don't remember him at all, I do remember buying his book.  Of which I just spent the last week or so reading.  I normally review my read books on a separate blog, but feel the nature of this one should be here instead.  AND there is a lot of it I want to revisit.  Sooooo, forewarning, MOST of what I'm going to share is word for word from the book.  There are 7 sections in the book, so this will be multi-part posting.  I will be posting here what I took from the book and the stuff I want to revisit, any quotes that are not specified from other sources, are quoted from the book Rooted by Josh Foliart.  

The book opens with the Sermon On The Mount, Matthew Chapter 5.

I considered putting Chapter 5 of Matthew here, because it is so very important, but opted out of that idea, as the amount of space that it takes.  There are links right now to your right to 3 or 4 different versions of the Bible, please click on one of those and read the Sermon on the Mount.



But blessed are those who trust in the Lord and have made the Lord their hope and confidence.  They are like trees planted along a riverbank, with roots that reach deep into the water.  Such trees are not bothered by the heat or worried by long months of drought.  Their leaves stay green, and they never stop producing fruit.  (Jeremiah 17:8)

"As our understanding deepens, we will notice the laser focus of Jesus' instruction to His followers.  This is no haphazard hodgepodge of religious jargon, useful only for theory and debate.  This is the retelling of an ancient story* that has been interpreted wrongly by the religious elite.  It is God replanting His life into mankind.  Like a wise general instructing the future commanders of an army, Jesus is interested in a sustainable movement that will long outlast His physical presence."



These are the things I took away from the introduction.  By NO means am I suggesting that you not get and read this book.  There is a plethora of good stuff to glean from it.  These are the morsels that I want to remember.



  

No comments:

Post a Comment