Monday, April 28, 2014

The 5 Love Languages - Gary Chapman

Pastor Dave Williams of the DeQueen Methodist Church, was the man that my husband and I chose last year to perform our Wedding Ceremony.  Both Gary and I had both been married twice before, and we both wanted this time to be done right.  We included family and friends, allbeit, there were not many, in our quiet personal ceremony.  Both my kids and his kids were present to join our families into one, as well as our grandkids.

Prior to agreeing to perform the ceremony, Pastor Dave gave us a book, and insisted that we both read it.

The 5 Love Languages
1.  Quality Time
2.  Acts of Service
3.  Gifts
4.  Physical Touch
5.  Words of Affirmation

We speak in one language.  We feel loved by possibly another language.

I recommend this book to anyone and everyone that is in a relationship, good, bad or indifferent.  READ this book, and take it to heart.

You can speak to your partner your love, for example, by buying him/her things, but if this is not the language that makes them know they are loved, you are wasting your time, and in for heart ache.

BUY this book, rent this book, borrow this book, and find out what your language is, what your partners language is, and you will not fail.  IT IS important that both of you do this though.

I know for me, Gifts are NOT my language of love, but Gary speaks in this language.  So it helps me to know, that he buys me things because he loves me, and he's trying to show me that he loves me by doing this.  And he's learning that this isn't the way to make me feel loved, but it does in a small way, cause I'm open minded enough to know his intention.  HOPE that totally makes sense to you guys.

READ THE BOOK.

No comments:

Post a Comment