Sunday, July 13, 2014

The Power of a Woman's Words ~ Sharon Jaynes





At my church we are encouraged to join a life group.  This is a "Sunday School" type group that explores different paths, bible studies, or hobbies.  We have one that is called Heritage Riders, I know they ride motorcycles and get together for ice cream and trips.  Not sure if they meet for bible study or not.  So my husband and I being new to this church, really aren't sure how they are set up, and how to choose one.  So I wound up in two.  
My first choice is Roots, which focuses on the Jewish roots of Christianity.  WHICH is where I am learning most of the information that I share here.  This group meets on Sunday, and is really small group right now that just started.  So that satisfied to "needs" for me.  A not long established group that I won't merge well into cause it's become clickish, I did NOT want this.  And one that would help me on my journey with the Hebrew aspects of Christianity.  So I know this is a good place for me to be.  But as the meetings have no more than 10 people and "most" of them are men, I felt I should also join the women's group.  
Rubies meets on Mondays.  I started about 4 weeks ago when they started The Power of a Woman's Words by Sharon Jaynes.  This study has enlightened me in many ways.  And I knew that I needed to work on my words, I knew I had work to do in this area, just really didn't realize how much work I have to do.  I am so glad God steered me to this group, and the great women that I am becoming friends with in my church.  
Ms. Jaynes has a "list" in this book, that considering my blog title I just had to borrow and share with you guys.  

I do recommend this study to anyone that needs help with the words they use.  


God's Garden

In growing a healthy, fruit bearing church, try this plan:
Plant three rows of squash:
  • Squash gossip
  • Squash criticism
  • Squash indifference
Plant seven rows of peas:
  • Prayer
  • Promptness
  • Perseverance
  • Politeness
  • Preparedness
  • Purity
  • Patience
Plant seven heads of lettuce:
  • Let us be unselfish and loyal
  • Let us be faithful to duty
  • Let us search the Scriptures
  • Let us not be weary in well-doing
  • Let us be truthful
  • Let us love one another.  
I really love this play on words, this simple formula, and plan to do my best to start living by it immediately.  









No comments:

Post a Comment