Tuesday, December 9, 2014

Without A Friend - R. Baruch, PH.D.


Look closely at this book cover.  It holds so much potential.  "Why the World is Turning Against Israel and the Jewish People."

I ordered this book from Biblical History society.  Based on a review in that magazine and this cover.  Trust me when I say I'm learning not to do this.  

1st off the majority of the world is already against Israel and the Jewish people.  Even many Christians have anti-Jewish tendencies.  So I should have known better, but the title was so intriguing. 

2nd, had I picked this book up at the bookstore, the back clearly indicates the topic.  "An inductive study of many of the primary texts both Biblical and rabbinical which deal with a proper understanding of what will happen not to just Israel, but the entire world, in the end times" 

Karapppppp with a capital K.  Crap, crap, crap, not another end times book.   But yes.  The whole book was a dissection of Revelation primarily, and a few other versus from scripture.  Referenced was Malachi 3:22-24, but when I searched the bible I don't find these passages.  Referencing scripture that doesn't exist is so not cool. 

I have started this book 4 times.  I find it drudgery to get through.  I am at the Afterword now, and only now do I see hope of the title of this book being explained and fulfilled.  

Hope crushed, the afterword spent its time talking about Replacement theologists overlook a whole lot of prophecy.  Yea.  Ok.  I agree.  But what does that have to do with us not liking the Jews.  Absolutely nothing.  

If you want to study end times, incorporate this book into your study.  If you'd like some prophecy that is ignored today, incorporate this book.  If you want to know why the Jews are losing friends, look elsewhere for your answers.  This book is not it.  







No comments:

Post a Comment