Thursday, December 24, 2015

December Devotionals


I must start off by saying, I have decided that I do not like devotionals that have specific days listed.  We went on a trip for my birthday mid-December and I got behind on my reading, because I can NOT read in the car.  And I didn't feel like I got as much out of these as I should have.  And I finished a day ahead of schedule, because I know that tomorrow is going to be impossible.  

Also, I haven't developed a "morning" routine yet.  As I'm not a morning person, I usually sleep until the last second before I have to rush the kids to get them to school, and then do the gym before coming home.  I know I should spend time with God first, and I do speak to Him first on most mornings, and I read my daily plans on YouVersion before getting out of bed. But going to my study and sitting down with devotionals doesn't happen until I return home from my morning activities.  

That being said, I did enjoy these devotions very much and would like to share some of them with you. 



Christmas Joy ~ A Devotional ~ Mel Lawrenze

This one was recommended to me by one of my "study" emails that I get daily.  I ordered it from Amazon.  (Of course)  There are 25 articles in this devotional.  And though it doesn't specify a specific day, I felt that the 25 were for each of the days Dec 1-25, so it did get frustrating to my OCD when I got behind.  I loved each and every article in this devotional, and plan to read it again next December!





Praying the Armor of God ~ Rick Stedman

Oddly enough I picked this book up at the grocery store.  I had done an extensive study on this one a couple of times by another author and thought I'd check this one out to see how it compared.  This study breaks the Armor down into pieces and focuses on one piece each day.  Then it repeats.  There are 10 weeks of different prayers for each piece.  Room to start over when your done.  I really like this books layout, and though I'm not sure I just want to focus on "ONE" part each day, I do like the repetitiveness of it, so that you get it "IN" your head!  I plan to use this one many times!




A Season of Miracles ~ Janet Denison


This devotional was given to us by our church.  It starts with the 1st Sunday of Advent.  I absolutely loved the content of this daily inspiration!  Some of the stories I laughed, some of them I cried, some of them made me sad, glad and/or mad.  I recommend this one completely, for everyone.  The only negative that I have, for me to read it again, I would have to overlook the days at the top of the page.  And most of you will think that is trivial, and nonsense that it would bother me, but I can't help it.

A Season of Miracles:  worth reading over and over!!!!


Well guys, that's it for me, probably for the year!  Got busy busy stuff tomorrow through next week.  So I'll tell you, Merry Christmas!  Happy New Year!!! and I love you, each and every one of you!

Shalom!

No comments:

Post a Comment