Sunday, March 27, 2016

Lent 2016 ~ She Reads Truth


I stumbled upon She Reads Truth, when I did the "Open Your Bible" Bible study.   Which I absolutely loved BTW.  I really adore Amanda and Rachael, and how they put together their studies, and how the welcome you right into them.  

I was intrigued so much that I checked out their website, SRT.  Downloaded the SRT app, and purchased the Lent 2016 study by SRT.

Lent 2016 is extremely beautiful.  I loved the way it is laid out.  The artwork is amazing.  The recipes are easy and stuff I would redo.  The music sheets, I like this idea, I would download on YouTube and listen to the songs while reading the scriptures.

I love how the scriptures are laid out.  Learning about Jonah was new to me.  The explanation of Ash Wednesday was nice, and the real time walk with Christ, I absolutely loved.

Having all the scripture about the events of Christ's last days all in one place was nice too.

I will cherish this book.  I can not really call it a study, but it wasn't.  It was a structured reading of scripture, and that I enjoyed greatly.  I will read this book again next Lenten season.

SRT has a subscription service, where you can get all 12 of their studies plus the 3 special studies each year.  For only $24/month.  I think this is a really good deal if you need a more structured approach to scripture.  Although I personally think this is a great idea, I have decided not to do this myself.  I find that just reading scripture is something I can do myself.  I am looking more for the digging deeper into scripture, that comes from an intensive study.

That being said, I still recommend this item to everyone.  It was an amazing journey through this one.


Shalom! And Happy Resurrection Sunday!

No comments:

Post a Comment