Friday, April 15, 2016

Children of the Day ~ Beth Moore



This study... Children of the Day... is based on 1 & 2 Thessalonians.  And Paul absolutely packs these two letters full of stuff.  Every single verse is good , and important stuff.  

I bought it over a year ago, and scoured the cover to see if it had videos that went with it.  Cause Moore's videos are not cheap.  And brought this one home eager to get started on it.  I opened the cover and realized I should have done this in the store.  Very first page, "View the Video".  UGH!

Now you can do a Beth Moore study without the video.  But it's just not the same.  So on the shelf this one went.  A group at my church decided to do this study, Yeah! But it turned out it was a Tuesday or a Thursday night, I remember not which.  And I just don't like to be away from my babies any more than I have to be.  Nights at my house involve a family dinner, homework getting done, visiting about our days, baths, relaxing, and bed time.  I don't like to miss any of this time with them, because they grow up too fast, they need to know they are important to me, and they will be off on there own far too soon.  So I passed on the study at church.  UGH!

But then... My Monday morning Rubies decided 10 weeks ago to do this one.  YEAH!!!  I've waited so long.  I'm so ready.  

The study is 9 weeks long.  At has four different levels of interaction, which Beth asks you to choose ahead of time.  

Level 1:  Videos only
Level 2:  Videos + homework (Beth does love her homework)
Level 3:  Videos + homework + hand write both books of Thessalonians
Level 4   Videos + homework + hand write both books of Thessalonians + memorize both books

I opted for Level 3.  My brain is so covered in fat still (different story) that it's difficult for me to memorize anything.  

At this point, with all my build up, you are thinking I'm going to say this study was a dude! Well I wouldn't be surprised if you thought that, but guys, this study was awesome!  I loved every second of my homework, I enjoyed the videos.  I even enjoyed writing out both books of Thessalonians.  She provides a place for you to do this in the back.  She also includes for your option a 28-Day Challenge to help overcome sexual strongholds for anyone that needs it. 

There is so much stuff in Thessalonians, you have to understand, Paul went from one side of the spectrum to the other.  Covering everything that a church might have issues with, and explaining them, teaching, guiding, and giving them strength to stay strong.  

And Beth handles all of it in stride.  Beautifully taking the word and bringing it to life for everyone!

I recommend this study highly to anyone that wants to dig into the word, it was every bit worth the wait!  

Shalom and God Bless!



No comments:

Post a Comment