Tuesday, February 10, 2015

Are you Happy?

A Testimonial

I was 27 years old.  I had just experienced my 1st divorce.  I was "alone" for the very first time in my life.  There was home with mom & dad, then college, then marriage, and THEN... alone.  Of course, depression crept in, work started to suffer, there was no social life.  I moved out in the middle of no where, so there was no chance of meeting anyone.  The people at work were all married with kids, and didn't want to hang out with "bad karma".

I turned to the internet, it was a very very new thing then, met a few people online, gutsied up and met some of them in person.  But nothing ever came of those interactions.  So the depression grew.  I was miserable, pure and simple, miserable.  Totally and completely miserable.  This lasted for a few months, my job suffered, my confidence was gone, I was on a downward spiral into nothingness...

Then one day, I realized, I didn't like me.  It didn't matter what you thought, or what he though, or what they thought... I DIDN'T LIKE ME... and how could I expect anyone else to like me if I didn't like me.  I set upon a course to change the things that I didn't like, matters not what those things were, the principle is what matters.  I decided to become someone that I liked.  I found Joy.  I know now that this came from God.  But it all opened up for me, when I attended a conference through work, and this saying has been with me ever since.

     "Decide to be happy, knowing it's an attitude, a habit gained from daily practice,
      and not a result or payoff." ~ Denis Waitley

Those 20 little words changed my life.  I took it one day at a time.  "Daily practice" it said.  Each morning I would wake up, I would put that smile on my face, and a smile in my heart, and it was no time at all before I knew happiness.

Folks, Happiness is a decision.  Pure and simple.

Life is nothing but decisions...  and there is no middle ground on any of them.

Are you happy? This is a yes or a no question.

Do you know joy? This is a yes or no question.

And guys listen to this closely, if you say no to happy, then by DEFAULT you are saying yes to angry.

If you say no to joy, you are by default saying yes to bitterness.

If you say no to Jesus, you are by default saying yes to Satan.

It is NO clearer than that.



No comments:

Post a Comment