Wednesday, November 18, 2015

Random Little TidBits 11/18/2015


Yes, if you look, this is going to be a heavy meme day.  Just so many good things worth saving, sharing, re-posting!!!!







Decide to be happy, knowing it's an attitude, a habit gained from daily practice, and not a result or payoff!

~ Denis Waitley











Matthew 22:37-40(NIV)

37 Jesus replied: “‘Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.’ 38 This is the first and greatest commandment.39 And the second is like it: ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.’ 40 All the Law and the Prophets hang on these two commandments.”

Matthew 5:43-48(NIV)

Love for Enemies

43 “You have heard that it was said, ‘Love your neighbor[a] and hate your enemy.’ 44 But I tell you, love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you, 45 that you may be children of your Father in heaven. He causes his sun to rise on the evil and the good, and sends rain on the righteous and the unrighteous. 46 If you love those who love you, what reward will you get? Are not even the tax collectors doing that? 47 And if you greet only your own people, what are you doing more than others? Do not even pagans do that?48 Be perfect, therefore, as your heavenly Father is perfect.

Leviticus 19:18 (NIV)

18 “‘Do not seek revenge or bear a grudge against anyone among your people,but love your neighbor as yourself. I am the Lord.


Need I say anymore about how we are supposed to treat others?


Tidbit #1:  This is something I saw on Face Book and thought...  "is that why I have to have a nap every single day before I can read my Bible?" Something to think about. 



Tidbit #2:  This is something I posted on Face Book a few days back. 

You need to get over yourself. The world does not revolve around you. Start thinking about others for a change not just yourself.
This message is probably not for you, but if you think it might be, maybe some adjustments in your thinking might be in order.




Tidbit #3:  This is something I posted on Face Book yesterday.  

Galatians 5:22-23
But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, humility, self control. Nothing in the Torah stands against such things.
If what is coming from you on a consistent basis is not mentioned in these two verses. Then you really need to figure out why not!! Because it is truly a lack of Jesus in your heart.



Tidbit #4:  This is something that is also from Face Book today.  Apparently Face Book is getting too much of my time this past few days. 

If everyone in your life has a different opinion than you, it could be that you are wrong.
Why not check it out for yourself, instead of standing on the "your an idiot" stance.
Truly He said to us "Those who have ears, let them hear!” Matthew 13:9. You have ears. Use them.



Tidbit #5:  Thank you Father!

I am finding myself so very fortunate and blessed that I was not raised with false teachings being ingrained into my psyche.
Coming to Jesus at a later time in life, and reading the Word of God for myself, has eliminated many cultural biases and denominational brainwashing that happens so often in churches today.
I am so thankful to God that He has given me the Holy Spirit so that I can see His work and hear His Words! And that He has shared with me the gifts of knowledge and discernment so that I can detect the false when they are presented to me.
Tidbit #6: Verse of the day

I love this one!

"I have stored up your word in my heart, that I might not sin against you."
Psalm 119:11 ESV 
Meme Corner



                             I have these days all the time.  And you know...                       
        He listens even when it's not out loud



 
OK, I just love snowmen!





This was at the house across the street from my child's school.  
I love this, and think I should get myself one soon!






This one I want you to really think about.

If the only time you think of Jesus is at
Christmas, please take the time to get to know
Him.   He's a great conversationalist, friend, mentor, confidant, and all around go-to guy!




That's all for this week!  Hope you enjoyed it!

Have a blessed day!  Shalom!

No comments:

Post a Comment