Thursday, May 8, 2014

Scientific Facts in the Bible ~ Ray Comfort

My daughter is attending Basic Training at Ft. Jackson, South Carolina.  The family decides to pick up from Arkansas and take a mini vacation and go watch her graduate.  We spent 5 days there spending time with her, a good time was had by all.  We needed a few things  late one night, and made a run to WalMart, yes they are everywhere.

I gathered the few items I needed, as did the rest of my family.  And upon arriving at the checkout, this book caught my eye.  I hadn't brought enough to read late at night, so I snagged it up.


This booklet is 101 pages in length.  Honestly wish that I had picked something else to read.  Yes there is a lot of fact in this book.  However, the format is very juvenile in nature.  Let me explain. 

It starts out addressing itself towards Atheists. Then follows a sort of debate style, on a grammar school level.  
People say....      Here's a verse.  
People say....      Here's a verse. 
People say....     Here's a verse.  
 Most of this involved no explanation, no in depth discussion, just here it is. 

Then there is a section:  He believed, so you should too.  He believed, do you think he was wrong.  This guy is known for most of what we know scientifically and he believed.  Why?  This sort of argument wouldn't convince me, and I'm a believer.  

Last, but not least, and honestly wish I had quit reading before I got to this point.  

On page 99 it says, "However, the correct answer is C.  Over 100,000 people were shot, strangled, stabbed, or poisoned and no one was brought to justice.  If your loved one were one of the victims, you would no doubt be outraged by such injustice.  It would then make sense to you that there would be final justice for those murderers on the Day of Judgment."

WRONG!!!

Final justice for those murderers, IF they don't repent of their sins and be forgiven before they arrive before God on the Day of Judgment.  

God can forgive them, then so should we, and not harbor a need for any final justice.  


I hate that I am pointing this out, but when your trying to convince an Atheist, you can not show inaccuracies for them to focus on.  You can't tell untruths, because they will use this to cast doubts on the rest of what you have to say.  I do NOT have all the answers, but I won't lead you to believe I do either.  



No comments:

Post a Comment