Sunday, May 18, 2014

The Word

Why is it, when one starts to study the bible, that people from all over your life come out of the woodwork to tell you how things are.  They don't listen to reason.  They don't come bearing facts.  They just preach what they think, and BOOM you should see their light.

My head is spinning right now.  My very good friend just left.  He has very good intentions.  I think.  But I'm on a journey towards enlightenment.  And I don't think getting sidetracked in denominations is going to be productive for me.  

I want to study the Word, learn the Word, and absorb and understand the Word.  Yes I know there are a lot of versions of the Word, and a lot of interpretations of the Word.  But I think, honestly, that if you break it down one chapter at a time and look at all possibilities, and especially starting with the original Hebrew.  That you can interpret for yourself.  God WILL let you get from His Word what he wants you to get from it.  HE will make it clear. 

But you have to seek Him, and work for the Word to be open to you.  


Please do not hit me with denominational traditions.  All of that is irrelevant to my journey.  Protestant, Catholic, Pentecostal, Lutheran, ALL of these are branches, versions, just like the many bibles out there.   Jesus was a Jew, he learned from Jews, their culture, their language, their teachings.  He taught the Jews, and used the Jewish Scriptures when he taught others.  So why when one starts out learning would one not start "In the beginning..." (Both in the Scripture, and in the study of Religion). 



No comments:

Post a Comment